Monday 31 August 2009

13

A really annoying companion


What's the best way to get over the headache that was 'The Bag'? By making an over-complicated wallet of course! I bought a wallet when I was in the States, and although it is very pretty, the card slots are too loose and my cards keep falling out. Just about the worst feature for a wallet, ever. It's also a bi-fold, and I really wanted a tri-fold. 'How hard can it be?' I thought? Totally freaking hard, as it turns out. But I'm done and I'm ready to share...


It has six (incredibly tight) card slots, and the two side slots also have pockets behind them.


On the back there is quite a big change purse, because as you Brits know, there's a lot of coinage here.


The center pockets are looser so I can fit about 25 business cards, in the unlikely event that I ever give one out.


The money section is more generous than my financial circumstances require, but we can live and dream, right?


The change purse was an absolute bugger to do and I have no idea why I didn't put the zipper all the way around (I suspect it was mania). Because of this, I might have to make another one... Anyone interested in a tute?

13 comments:

  1. the wallet looks good to me... I would be intrested in reading a tute.. but I'm a bit bad for actually following them for reasons only understood by the dark recesses of my wee brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, particularly bit about being larger than your financial circumstances require :) me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please to a tute although looks far too complicated for my pea size brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! yeah tell me about change. Don't you do that in the States? That would explain why my American wallet has a stupid little change pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep we do love our change here. I'd imagine the strippers don't though, pants full of pound coins and all that. I like the new wallet, esp the room for business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to a tute!!! and seriously, you figure some very complicated sewing projects out...things I would never even consider trying...you should be giving out those business cards because you are very good at what you do...perhaps having a touch of mania is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. folding money? you have folding money? I'm sure we don't have that down south. not after today's craft fair, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wallet is amazing, clever you!!
    Yes please to a tute, would love to be able to not follow instructions and fail miserabley (which is what usually happens).
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not ot the tute for me, I can't sew for toffee, but I would buy one! Especially if it had a popper/magnetic clasp rather than a button. I don't ask for much do I :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks nice even if it was incredibly hard to make. Definitely yes to a tute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I have been trying to figure out how to fit a 'curved' zipper. A tute would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes please, I'd love to know how to make a bank card holding thing as my plastic one is held together with wishes and hairbands

    ReplyDelete