Tuesday 26 January 2010

16

The post where I save the NHS a billion pounds

Dear Director of the NHS,

I'm sure you get heaps of letters from people about medicines and procedures that are available in other countries but not covered under our glorious free public health system. But bear with me, because I think you'll share my excitement about this one! On my recent trip to the US, I found out that you could get adult footy pajamas. I know, it's amazing. You might just think that I'm just giving you a heads up so you can get some, but no. I think they should be covered under the NHS. And here's why. As someone who has suffered with depression throughout my adult life, I've struggled to put my finger on just why I've been so glum. And now I know, it's because as an adult, I've never had footy pajamas. Just look at this picture: I bet you feel at least 600% less depressed already.

But wait, there's more. I'm sure you've seen the studies about how the world is having too many babies. Footy pajamas would help with this too. Because not only is encasing your entire body in fleece a prophylactic but I'm pretty sure it would collectively lower libido as well. Don't be fooled by this picture: They might look like they're going to make out later but they totally won't.

You might be wondering, "Amanda, why didn't you just buy yourself and Steven a pair of these?". Good question. Because although they would technically be a business expense, if I'm audited I would have to justify why they were necessary for my business and an accountant might not get it. And, yes, I probably could make us some but I wouldn't even know where to get non-slip fabric for the soles and if Steven falls over, that will actually cost the NHS money.

I eagerly await your response.

Amanda

16 comments:

  1. I think I need a pair of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make some out of thinsulate... cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ".. I probably could make us some but I wouldn't even know where to get non-slip fabric for the soles"

    Hmm! Soooo, if I could provide you with aforementioned non-slip fabric does that mean you're gonna make some then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vonnie: Everyone needs a pait of those.

    @Fancy Elastic: Wow, I like your vision.

    @raffertygrey: Yes, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know where you can get that non slip stuff that goes on fabric already, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Louiz: Point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda....they sell these in Primark!!!!! My friend bought a pair, and your right i do feel the winter blues slipping away every time i think about it!
    x K

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a set out of Primark as well, Stewart ridicules me when I wear them but I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had my heart set on a pair of these for years now - I think Peter Griffin made me year for some - for reasons similar to your own and the harshness of a Scottish Winter/Spring/Autumn/Summer. However, the price tag of a squillion pounds put them out of reach... Now that I hear they sell them in Primark though, well, I just need to befriend someone who lives in the vicinity of a Primark and all my gloom will be behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you need is this: http://www.viridianyarn.com/acatalog/Sock_Stop.html

    and you can get it here!
    http://www.p2tog.com/shop/search.php?q=sock+stop&pageid=608260

    Can't wait to see the finished article. You have no excuse now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda, have I told you that I love you and have missed you!! I have been so miserable while you have been away and this post is why!!
    I have a primark near me...want me to see if they have them??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh all right everyone, thanks sooo much (insert your own level of sarcasm here) for pointing me towards non-slip sole stuff. It's been duly purchased so we will indeed have our own handmade footy pjs shortly. Unless someone wants to go to Primark and purchase me some first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I...I...I'm scared.. I shall have nightmares now of that guy prancing around in his skully footy pajaymas like the terminator.. and I wont be able to get away because I dont have footy pj.'s with grippy feet... *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry, have no time to comment cos I'm going to primark! (thanks kym)

    ReplyDelete