Saturday 27 February 2010

14

Retro boom box cowl


After a couple more tweaks, I'm happy enough with the adult cowl pattern now to use proper precious hoarded fabric. I made this one with my retro boom box french terry fabric. Look familiar?


Here's tiny Jamie sporting the very same!


I like the hip length muchly.


The collar was made a bit higher, but rather than self-folded it was lined with black jersey so you can see the contrast when folded down.


But I think I like it more folded up. This isn't the fabric I want to use so much it hurts though, so does anyone have any suggestions before I take a deep breath and cut it?!

14 comments:

  1. Wow. I love that and it's so flattering. You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I agree that the hip length is very flattering. Cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another in the 'love it' camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great, I cant wait to see the one in your precious fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda that is SO. CUTE. You look awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. of course if you were knitting you could just unpick your hoarded yarn and try again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric, and love the colour. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh la la I love that, sooo flattering x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the shape of this, and it suits you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW. I love this! Would really like a slightly longer more dress length version for myself...hate being student poor, need to make my riches sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete