Saturday 24 April 2010

8

Bird coat in duplicate

This asymmetrical coat is for the sister of the little boy in Orkney I made the Automotive Coat for. And speaking of sisters, a certain Sister remarked on the Automotive Coat-- What, reversible??


I hadn't occurred to me that newer readers to my blog might not privy to my compulsion: I must make everything in the world reversible.


The other side of this coat is the orange bird print version that momentarily set the world alight and gave me quasi-celebrity status when it was featured on Babygadget by the delectable Mockduck. Now on the machine is two commissions for Soph4Soph and you will die a little bit when you see the fabrics she sent me...

8 comments:

  1. fabulous. I wish I'd had reversible gorgeousness for my kids when they were tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, love both sides, esp love the orange fabric. Keep up putting us to shame! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. You are one clever girl! I adore that coat. Hope you get many more orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I didn't know! Love the coat - can I adopt a liitle kid so I can order one? (My 13-yr-old son may not love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! That fabric is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, that is one cool coat. I'm having minor palpitations over it actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maya will love her new coat! she's very much into her hats, coats and shoes!

    ReplyDelete