Sunday 22 April 2012

9

The Spring is Cruel Top

Turquoise cloud print tshirt


Despite my best intentions to participate more in the Spring Top Sewalong over on Made by Rae, the pool closes in a couple of hours and (just like last year) I have a single last-minute entry.  Next year, right?

Turquoise cloud print tshirt side

I get pretty jealous of all these lovely lightweight and / or sleeveless entries by people who live in less cruel climates.  Right after these pictures were taken my arms got frostbite, gangrenous and then fell off. Continuity-buffs, you will also note that my hair got be-ponytailed during the picture taking. This was due to extreme wind whipping my hair across my face and interfering with that soul-searching look I am sending you through your computers.

Turquoise cloud print tshirt full

But nothing says Scottish spring more than inappropriate attire and clouds, so this top gets two ticks for both style and theme.

PS. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my Missoni dress. I would have responded to everyone individually but I was too busy blushing.

9 comments:

  1. I love the top, perfect for warding off the terrible weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top, I love the orange contrasts. Now here's hoping we get some nice weather so you can wear it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top! I want one! I keep meaning to ask you...do you still sell patterns? I never did around to finishing that coat for Anara and now she's too big for it :( So I might have to get the bigger pattern now. I was also wondering if you sold the pattern to your hoodie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, still selling patterns although I am currently out of stock for some of the coats. I am going to convert those to pdfs as soon as I get the chance!

      Delete
  4. I love it! The clouds and the orange bands are so fun! It looks like you got the fit perfect on the Renfrew now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that top is great! the fit is spot on well done! and I love the fabric and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pretty cool T-shirt never mind the frostbite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *shocked at myself for actually leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shirt! Love the fun colors and fit. :) I didn't make it to the spring top sew along in time either, due to laziness on my part.

    ReplyDelete