Saturday 15 December 2012

1

Reflection

mother and child

I had a tutorial ready to put up last night when I heard the news of the terrible tragedy unfolding in Newtown, CT.  This is a small town fifty miles from where I grew up; I had friends and teammates from Newtown, my high school principal is currently their First Selectman.  No event like this is ever understandable, but the proximity has me reeling.  I've always put growing up where I did on a pedestal: these things don't happen to us, these things don't affect people I know.  In respect for this heartbreaking, unfathomable tragedy, I'm having a moment of internet silence and sending so much love and support to Newtown.

1 comment:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those involved in this terrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete