Friday 1 March 2013

6

The Skater Dress is Go!

Skater Dress Cover Page

I'm very pleased to announce that at very long last The Skater Dress is ready for your delectation!  For those of you who haven't been following along with its X Factoresque journey, a reminder of its credentials:
This funky yet functional knit dress has a fitted bodice, high neckline and a curved flared skirt. With a generous cut, the dress is designed to be worn for up to two years per size, here the skirt hits at the knee in the first year and just above the knee in year two. There are options for a sleeveless, short sleeve and long sleeve version, with bodice pieces drafted specifically for either sleeved for sleeveless . It's a perfect garment if you are new to sewing knits and very quick to sew up.
Why did it take so long? Here's what happened the night this week that I bragged on IG that I wasn't going to go to sleep until it was done:

Process Collage

And I didn't go to sleep, by jove.  Thanks to the lovely / fragrant / genius Susan from Crafterhours, I didn't digitise it myself this time which saved me approximately 15 hours and 4 clumps of hair.  Even if you hate Skater Dresses, you should really buy it just to see how professional Susan is.


Speaking of professional ladies, please admire the glorious skater dresses of my testers.  Many thanks to Adrianna of Crafterhours (who also provided a tute on the reverse applique heart in the top right pic), Emily from Pickled Weasel, Katie from Kadiddlehopper, the mysterious Mrs M,  Kimberly from Perfection Not Included, and Lynn from Living The Spacious Life.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any better, I've set up my shop so you can download the pattern yourself!  No waiting for me to wake up, no siree, instant gratification.  That also applies to the rest of the PDFs in my shop now.  Did I mention that I've reduced the price of all my PDFs?  Well I did.

Thanks to everyone for your patience (and even to those not-so-patient folk who've been haranguing me) with how long this took to release The Skater Dress.  I've got lots of fun things planned for it.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay! Can't wait to get started on one.

    Sorry if I was one of the impatient haranguers. Huge thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Amanda! Congratulations on your pattern!! It's really cute and so practical. I wish I could get my hands on some of those adorable knits (without paying an arm & leg for shipping!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! pity it doesn't go up to 11 years for my daughter:(

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete