Monday 22 July 2013

2

Lady Skater Pattern Tour: Lladybird

It's the last day of the of the Lady Skater Tour and we're going out with a bang with Lauren from Lladybird! Holy sh*t, right??  I've been the biggest fangirl of hers (which is no doubt a claim that many will contest) for such a long time- her makes, her fabrics, her writing style (the Vogue Pattern snarks alone are legendary)... everything ad infinitum.  All these Thurlows (and her associated Thurlow sew-along) actually make me want to sew some trousers, which is no mean feat.   I had to pull on my bravest big girl pants to ask her on the tour and I couldn't believe my luck when she agreed.

A kinda funny creepy story: last year Lauren posted a picture of some awesome tiger shoes she'd scored on pretty the same day as I got my tiger fabric.  I almost sent her some as a wee thank you (she mentioned my shop in her Conquering Knits post and is the second highest referrer to my shop after myself- ha!) but I chickened out lest I seem (accurately) a creeper.  I ran out of the tiger fabric, but then when I summoned the courage to ask her on the tour I received another bolt from my supplier on pretty much the same day again!  The universe wanted her to have those tigers... and now she does in Skater form.




2 comments:

  1. Lauren's was one of the first women's-sewing fashion blogs I followed, and her style is awesome. Congrats on a great tour and so many great reviews! I'm off to buy my own Lady Skater now. . .

    ReplyDelete