Wednesday 9 October 2013

4

Framed Panelled Pinafore 4.0

camping pannelled pinafore full

Yep, still soldiering on with the Panelled Pinafore! So far we've had one overall print, one colour-blocked solid, one mixed print, and now a print / solid mix. I hesitate to say it's piped as the strips I inserted in the seams are too wide by all accounts.

camping pannelled pinafore seam line

I do like the way the contrasting strips highlight the seamlines and frame the different panels.

camping pannelled pinafore close

But it's really too heavy-handed a treatment to do with fabric this weight and causes buckling. Impeccable posture required (but not granted).

camping pannelled pinafore full 2

Leaving for Spain on the morrow with the pattern in the capable hands of my testers (provided I can get it all scanned today) means you'll see less of me and my endless Pinafore iterations for awhile.  Just kidding, I made short sleeves one for our holidays.

Addendum: Facebook elected to show only a handful of people my announcement yesterday about how the shop will be affected by my absence.  I'm going to be away from the 10th to the 20th so if you need any fabric before then you'll have to place an order today. PDFs ordered between those dates will still be automatically delivered, but any fabric orders will be posted on the 21st!

4 comments:

  1. This is my most favorite version yet! The color combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgoodness!!! Maia's little smiles kill me. And again, lady, this pattern is BOH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a sweetheart! Love the dress as well. Keep up the happy photos!

    ReplyDelete